Monday, November 30, 2009

Footbag freestyle in confined places

Shredding in oddly small spaces seems to become the norm in the winter months in the midwest. My living room is 6' x 8' and has precariously placed obstacles, like the 65"tv, the cushions protruding from the couch, and the cat walking through whenever he feels like it.

My double-secret space is 7' wide x infinite length, a hallway always under the possibility of eviction given the particular Paul Blart I encounter. Mostly they tolerate me though, and I'm thankful for that. I keep it pretty low key, high energy.

Sometimes half the battle of playing every day is procuring a place to play at. Beggars can't be choosers.

I think string length can be affected, so I have to consciously make an effort to work on long strings in small spaces. Being aware of the limitations of the playing area, I can focus on more specific components and new trick development (developing tricks that are new for me). I really miss the open space of "Mammoth Springs" parking lot, and I know that when I get to play in an open space again, that I am going to really take advantage of it and move around alot. Fliers and long strings, oh to dream.

Shred notes: 11/29/09
Played in LR today. Have been filming spec commercial projects for online video contests, finding a way to inject Footbag into each entry. Learned many things about camera angles, image resolution and export profiles. I plan to start working on atomic again on the side that used to hurt. I'll let you know how that goes. Had a hard time getting through my warm-up strings today, but eventually got into my groove.

-enlightener

No comments:

Post a Comment