Monday, November 9, 2009

Andy created a monster!

A bit more about Andy Linder.

He was the first major influence on my game. He didn't come to me offering suggestions for improvement. His methodology for skooling is what I gleaned from having the priveledge of traveling to Footbag events, and in being his team freestyle partner in my first 2nd place finish at world championships, there were many more 2nd place finishes (More than anyone else).

I was at first gunning for him in a futile but aggressive way. His memory of me back then was that of a 'cocky kid', and he was mostly right. Over the years I have developed more of a hunger for win-win situations rather than win-lose scenarios.

I copied his tricks and learned from what I saw at first, not unlike the way new players learn today, but with less videos and a total absense of YouTube.

What I learned from Andy was to have clear goals and to hold myself to a high standard. I think his biggest training secret is that he would take a trick or a string, and set a goal like '5 times in a row'. Then he would skool it until he achieved his goal.

Andy leads by example. He is a great leader and a great example.

Thanks again Andy!


Shred notes: 11/10/09..
Hit flipside phobic mirage. Happy that my flipside fairy and flip pixies are getting stronger. A little bit every day. Also gyro whirl to vortex. Why is möbius to möbius so hard? Working on frozen möbius to adjust.

- enlightener
www.kickforhealth.org

No comments:

Post a Comment