Saturday, November 7, 2009

Move your game forward, 'cause time is moving it the other way...

Move your game forward, because time is moving it the other way...

"Use it or lose it" is another way to look at it. Over years of playing I have noticed that even short
one week breaks from playing caused me to have to catch up and spend time getting back to where I was.
I had made this observation over and over, but when I turned 40 I started thinking that this scenario could
only get worse with age. This is when I decided to start playing every day. Then a year, and two years,
1000 days in a row. The next milestone is 3 years playing everyday in a row.

I feel if I am going to continue to improve my game, that I need to stay on top of my game on all aspects.
I try to work on a variety of tricks every day, with a focus on a specific trick. I need to spend
more time on building endurance, executing long strings and linkage. The wonderful thing
about obsessing over this sport, is there is an endless array of tricks to learn, and many more
still yet to invent.

By playing everyday, I feel that it reverses the tendency to lose ground, it keeps me in top
condition, and it keeps my mind focused on the passion I have for this sport!

Shred Notes: 11/06/09
Skooled Barflies, down double downs and motion. Heavy on frontside strings. Had to play indoors
even though it was sunny and 50, it was too windy. Hit Ducking Paradox Whirl to Blurry Whirl on both
sides in one string. Had fun doing it. Always hard to stop.

-enlightener

No comments:

Post a Comment