Sunday, November 8, 2009

Equipment Matters!

Having the right equipment is necessary in any sport and Footbag is no different. But being flexible enough to still play at a high level even when you don't have the right equipment, is both a mental hurdle and a physical one.

This past summer my wife dragged me to a coldplay concert. We always shred at Alpine Valley, but somehow when I packed my backpack, I left out my shoes. I didn't realize this until we were halfway to Wisconsin. So the shoes I had on weren't Lavers but had open toes, so I spent the next hour modifying them. I was still able to get a good shred on, except that the warmup band sucked and I found no motivation from it. The shoes were heavy and had sloping insteps so I had to focus on frontside moves. But I made-do and had a worthwhile shred that day regardless.

So more to the point, today i forgot kicking shorts. Choice of jeans or Bermudas. Chose Bermudas and very happy with results below. Felt rediculous, but after a few minutes, didn't notice the bagginess and length if the shorts.

Shred notes 11/07/09:
Swirling Saturday. Warm up included plenty if swirls.

Symposium reverse swirling rake both sides. On film. Coming soon I hope.

- enlightener

No comments:

Post a Comment