Saturday, November 14, 2009

What happened to refractions?

What ever happened to refractions? Back in the day it was a trick that I never quite 'got.'. Today I revisited refractions and I can see how they can help to mix it up a bit. Very fun! More experiments and practice are needed on my part. Hit spinning butterfly refraction and spinning osis refraction. Need to really skool basic refractions. Focus on the components!

My whole jam today started on Vortex's, went to Gyro DaDa's and into refractions. A blast. Always difficult to put on the brakes and wrap it up, but I managed.

- enlightener

2 comments:

  1. I think it's that, for a while, the scene was dwelling more on the tech and not the style. Since it's really easy to make refraction a "bail" move and to really be lazy with it, it is used a lot less because people want to be "clean." Now that style is coming back into style ;) Maybe we'll see more of it? I love refraction!
    'Sup Scott? Cool blog, man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. The blog is somewhat cathartic, a collection of my thoughts... which it turns out, I have many of. Not sure who's reading it, but it doesn't matter really. This helps me to remember the things I've been working on (which I frequently forget), and ties together my web presence nicely.

    As for refractions, I'm trying to find that 'perfect' refraction move that will both be technical and stylie, to integrate that into strings freely. Lately I've been somewhat obsessed with gyro stuff, particularly 'gyro dada' both sides and gyro whirls into any stepping moves... helps position gyro whirls for sets into anything and gets them nice and tight and under control. VORTEX too, gotta remember to do more vortii.

    See ya!

    ReplyDelete