Saturday, May 29, 2010

Mammoth Springs Training Center is open!

Of course, shredding footbag freestyle requires flat, level surfaces.  Ideally concrete, asphalt or hardwood but not slippery like marble or some polished hardwoods.  In the winter I frequently comment on how shredding in a back hallway of polished concrete with a half inch layer of dust, and I whine about it because I know that there is a parking lot nearby that is calling my name.

I call it Mammoth Springs Training Center!  Featuring plenty of sun and real-world wind conditions.  An asphalt surface that doesn't transfer black to your Rod Lavers.  A view of the river, and plenty of privacy to crank up the tunes and shred up a storm.  In reality, it is the back parking lot of the Doubletree hotel here in Oak Brook, but there is a rock with a historic plaque out front that commemorates the rich history that this site contains.  Mammoth Springs is where the people who settled this area got all their ice from.  Before electric refrigeration, they needed ice in the summer, so they build giant insulated ice houses and froze water all winter and distributed it all summer using the river channel that still runs through today.

I look forward to playing everyday, and when I am stuck at work and playing at my "Lunch", usually at the 11:00am hour, this is where you'll find me.

Shred on brothers and sisters!

-enlightener

Shred notes: 5/29/10
Working on routine every day, at least one run-through on tape.  Cool new 'heel' moves leg overs and DLO's ending in Heel.  Cool sole stuff too.  Video being prepped on Spring update with all this fun stuff I've been doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment