Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Footbag Freestyle keeps the mind fresh and the body young!

I suppose all the gray hair is a telling sign of the uncontrollable elements of the aging process.  While there may be some genetic certainties, I believe that I am living proof that footbag freestyle is like a fountain of youth in taking care of the variables not predetermined by genetics.  It is not only the vigorous exercise element of advanced footbag freestyle, which is comparable to the cardiovascular requirements of high-impact aerobics... but also the mental aspect that requires a high level of creativity to create new tricks and strings of tricks which is not a requirement of most other sports.  It is the combination of the constant challenge of improving my physical performance and the constant mental challenges that not only keep the body looking and feeling young, but keep my mind engaged in the creative aspect of trick creation and string building.  While other sports like running, cycling and other forms of vigorous exercise include the exercise part but lack in variety.  Runners and cyclists can take different routes, but it is still just the same motions over and over.  Footbag freestylers use their entire body in hundreds of different positions and on both sides of their bodies.  The whole-body requirements combined with the mental challenges of innovation are what set our sport apart from others.

It is a joy to play footbag everyday, I truly believe it is large part of my great appreciation of life. I wish I could play more with my shredding friends, but I am satisfied that I get to play alone on such a regular basis.  It is an honor and a pleasure to know so many great people who are involved in this sport.  Playing since 1984, I never would have thought I'd be where I am today, but without this sport...  well lets just say that "Footbag keeps the mind fresh and the body young!"

-enlightener

Shred Notes: 6/2/2010
I've hit some more fun stuff, new for me at least.  I have much on tape and will release a spring update video soon.  Today was fairy ducking mirage, fairy ducking butterfly, fairy ducking cross-body rake, fairy diving osis.  Other great stuff too, and a pretty good run through my routine.




No comments:

Post a Comment