Sunday, June 27, 2010

Injury without honor...

Hangnails are my worst fear.  Every time I cut my toenails I am conscious of the possibility of a painful hangnail, and this one has been getting worse for 10 days now.  Doesn't seem to get better.  I refuse to be stopped.  I have been skooling every day for 1285 days in a row, and I won't be stopped by a freaking hangnail.  An injury without honor.  I could see that if I got injured by playing footbag freestyle, that there would be some solace in knowing that my own obsession with the sport is the reason for breaking a streak.  If this keeps up, I'm going to have to go to a doctor.  I hate doctors, I'm pretty sure they hate me too.  They seem to be a bunch of pill pushers, or knife wielding madpeople with some hidden agenda to save their insurance overlords money so they can get that bonus and go to the Bahamas.

Today I am studying Daryl Genzu Genz, and how he laces his shoe.  My solution is to Genzu a pair of Lavers and relieve the pressure that is caused by my shoes pushing up against my big toe every time I land.  I still have another 2 hour demo this afternoon at Taste of Chicago where we shred and teach kids about the basics of footbag.




Shred notes: 6/27/2010
Just trying to be productive and play through the pain. Lots of ice on the toe to keep swelling down, lots of neosporine too. Ouch

No comments:

Post a Comment