Friday, June 18, 2010

Being 'in the Zone' is really mastering the moment!

Today is 1276 days in a row shredding.

In my most recent post, I focused on being 'in' the moment.  Mostly because upon further analysis, the moment is all we have.  In life and in footbag, being focused on the moment, while having an outline for the future and a fond recollection of the past is what makes a good person great!

When I can complete a trick that has 5 or 6 elements and follow it immediately with a series of other tricks that are similarly difficult, I know that I have mastered that moment, that I was in 'the Zone.'

To reiterate my recent postulation, I feel that my experience with footbag where I am constantly challenging myself to focus as many elements of difficulty into each moment, has helped me to realize that some of my greatest moments are when I'm just enjoying the beach with my family, eating dinner with my parents.  Different situations require varying types of mastery, but recognizing that it is the moment I am in, rather than the moment that is (in theory) coming up, which is truly valuable.

I ask myself as often as possible, how can I master 'this' moment?  I find myself going through this mental exercise more frequently during my conscious hours... In the morning, how can I be more efficient in getting things done around the kitchen while still preparing for work and enjoying it?  How do I get to work?  How can I out-perform at work?  How do I get the most value from my play time (shred sessions)?  What is the implications of my commuting decisions?  How can I be the best dad when I'm around the house in the evenings and weekends?

I think living in the moment, allows me to live without regrets.  So I find myself asking myself, "Self? How can I be 'in the Zone' in every aspect of my life?"

-enlightener

Shred notes: from Thurs, June 17th
Kicked at Mammoth Springs Training Center and worked mostly on routines for the past 2 days.  It has been fun.  Nothing new, but still hitting the barfly ending in cross body rake in many iterations daily.  Skool it baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment