Friday, May 7, 2010

Sometimes Innovation results from 'playing around the pain.'

(New trick - Phobic Symposium Mirage) I have had some weird pains this past week.  The top of my left foot hurt like I had bruised it, but there is no visible bruise nor injury that would explain it.  Before that my right hamstring has been in pain, so I was playing around that pain.  Soon I should be back at 100%, but I still haven't missed a day.  Today is 1234 days in a row shredding hard!  1234 is one of my favorite numbers, it is also one of my favorite times of day.  I like the way this number looks and 'feels'.

I was playing around the left foot pain, which was there especially when I landed hard on that foot, so a lot of tricks hurt.  I decided to skool tricks that didn't stress that foot.  I got into some phobic sets, and stumbled upon a new trick.  Phobic symposium mirage.  So this sets from my left toe, fairy-style but I turn to the right as the footbag travels behind me, then plant right foot and do a symposium mirage ending back on the same left toe I started on.  It sure was fun to get to a new trick (at least, new for me) and I got it on tape too.  I was able to skool it a lot without even stressing the left foot 'bruise'.  This pain has occurred before, so I hope it doesn't come back.

See ya!
-enlightener

Shred notes: 5/7/10
I've been listening to my music over and over during my workouts, and at least half the time skooling my routine for worlds.  Trying to keep a balance between working on advancing my game and still being prepared for worlds.  Not taking it easy because of the little pains I have, just playing around them and taking a bit longer to get warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment