Saturday, October 24, 2009

Play everyday... A mental game

1040 days in a row today. Playing every day is a physical challenge to be certain, but the more difficult part of the equation is the mental game.

My biggest challenge is the duality where the lazy part of my brain says take it easy today, and that urge needs to be overcome by the part of my brain that wants to achieve the tough goals that have been internally agreed upon.

Mind tricks:
-Having a goal for the day helps motivate. I challenge myself to skool a weakness, or hit a big trick.
-Schedule your day and include a time when you can shred.
-don't let the lack of ideal location stop you. Be prepared to play anywhere. I've played in hallways at nearby hotels, unheated, but wind protected staircases. I've played in extreme cold (-5 degrees in front of apple store downtown, with chemical hand earners under my toes, and steam eminating from body.). I try to avoid wind. I can even be productive in a 6' square area like my living room.

Be prepared to take extreme measures to accomplish your goals! I can't wait to play today!

-enlightener

No comments:

Post a Comment