Monday, October 12, 2009

Inspired by Jack Lalanne...

Jack LaLanne was on WGN-TV promoting his new book. He is 95 years old. They asked him "How often do you work out?" and he replied "7-Days a week." He added, "And I hate it, but I love the results."

I am inspired by people like this. And sometimes getting started at shredding every day seems like a chore, but I love playing footbag freestyle, and after a short warm-up I get so into it that I find it hard to stop. I do love the results too. I think that when you are passionate about your athleticism, it makes it easier to keep it going. I don't know if I could keep going this long if I didn't really love what I am doing.

He also commented that "If it tastes good, spit it out." Which I would say is true in the sense that man-made foods are made to taste good but are nutritious only as an afterthought. I find vegetarian food to be very good, but mostly because my wife Valeria is such a good cook.

I'm going to get his new book. www.jacklalanne.com

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Jack is definitely an inspiration. My legs can't take shredding everyday, but I do exercise in one form or another every day. It's a huge to boost to mood and energy.

    ReplyDelete