Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Worlds Smallest Flier... Flying Twirl

When I do a flying trick, the goal is always to contact the footbag as high in the air as possible. Arguably, the first trick ever done with a modern day footbag was a flying trick... Flying Clipper (incorrectly referred to as the 'Jester' as popularized by a late 80's Video Game called California Games).

This one is called the Flying Twirl, but it is really more like a twirling flying clipper, maybe a good street name would be Twipper. I am probably the only person who cares about this, because so many players dismiss flying tricks from their day-to-day, as well as their performances. Mostly because they are generally 'low-add' tricks, and also because the high-add variety of flying tricks are VERY difficult to link with other difficult tricks.

But any new acquisition is worth mentioning, and here it is. Do a regular Twirling motion, but instead of easing into an opp osis, I leap a tiny leap and snap at the footbag with the other foot. When done correctly, it results in the upward motion of the footbag for which I have so far only been able to produce an osis afterwards. I'll get it on film someday soon.

Shred Notes: 2/10/10
Hit tons of Whirls ending in X-body Sole. Not sure if they have a street name but I'm gonna call them Schwirls What is neat about the Schwirl is that the dex happens on the way up, which allows plenty of time to catch the x-body sole. What is neater about the dex happening on the way up is that hopefully someday I'll hit double whirl (or Whirr, I believe). This upward dexing whirl could be useful for other tricks, but I'm drawing a blank on that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment