Sunday, February 21, 2010

Tips on playing in the early morning...

Recently I had written about the trials and whining tribulations of shredding in the early morning hours. I have been forced to play early again, as another new location is where I'll be all week for my normal 'work' day. Not knowing I can play at 'lunch' (recess) and knowing there is snow this week, I had to go for the early shred schedule.

A few things I want to remember about early morning shreds... maybe you'll find them useful too!

1) Take a shower before playing, just to wake up. That helps as it mimics my usual routine. I always feel better after a shower.
2) Do more stretching than usual. I usually stretch during and after a jam, but it seems to help to stretch for the early morning jams.
3) When I go back to my basic warm-up strings, not the new fancy strings I've been working on, I seem to get warmed up faster.
4) It will take longer to warm up, allow extra time to 'feel warm'.
5) Shred for a longer session than usual seems to feel more satisfying. I went for an hour and 15 minutes today, which felt much better at the end of the session, than at the beginning.

Felt better today with the early morning shreds becoming necessary to continue my streak. There are no excuses that are honorable, so I had to find a way to get my shred on!

Thanks for listening!
-enlightener

Shred notes: 2/21/09
Skooled plenty of unusuals, and blurr/blizzard combos with atomic endings. I want to videotape "Storque" so I can publicize it. Hit Storque-osis-Storque in one string. Gonna shred fliers today at the Riverwalk!

No comments:

Post a Comment