Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Playing footbag at 'lunch' requires preparation

To optimize the amount of playtime I can squeeze out of a lunchbreak, I carefully prepare every morning before work. I wear my kicking shorts under my pants and carry with me a 'shred bundle' of extra clothes. The bundle has a shirt to play in (It will get sweaty), a change of socks and underclothes & a sweat towel. Always a footbag t-shirt and always a towel from a footbag tourney.

When I leave for lunch, my strategy is to get to my shred site as quickly as possible. Shed the outer layer so I am in kicking shorts, footbag shirt, short socks and my Adidas Rod Laver shoes. I start my warm up strings just as soon as I get the music started.

By the time I finish at :50 elapsed, I rush back to work and do a quick change/cleanup and back to work.

Doesn't leave room for eating time, that is why I always put 'lunch' in quotes. It only really takes 6-10 minutes to eat a light lunch, so I figure 'that's what breaks ate for!'

Skool hard everyday. Prepare properly and it is a breeze.

I have had many times where I didn't prepare properly and had to 'roll with it' to accomplish the goal of daily shred. I've had to buy shorts because I forgot to bring them. I've had to play in work shorts and in pants. Even once I had to play in skateboard shoes, that turned out to be less productive than it was educational. Every morning I prepare my backpack in an effort to guarantee I get my daily shred.

See ya!
-Enlightener

Shred Notes: 1/6/09
Obsessed with Sympobius... Symposium mobius. Sooooo close. Did hit Gyro symposium mirage, or probably not really gyro with the plant so "Spyro Symposium Mirage" is more proper. Hit a bunch of nuclear stuff, Paradox atom smasher, reverse paradox torque done nuclear style on flipside. Blizzards still in daily routine, doing pushups too for upper body. Hit Gyrrage again. Seems Jani Walker is the same as a blender but done in the front with a totally different set of motions.

3 comments:

  1. Here's how I do it:
    1) Pack shred clothes in a gym bag
    2) Head to company gym locker room and quickly superman into shred clothes
    3) Get in about :40 of solid shred
    4) Shower, put back on work clothes
    5) Eat actual lunch at desk later, while working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you guys have a place to shower at work?

    I'd do it too, but I'm a heavy sweater and a change of clothes wouldn't be even remotely enough to be presentable after a 50 minutes shred :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I am not the only one!

    As for the shower, I do a pseudo shower in the washroom before going back to work. I too, sweat a lot. No complaints that I know of so far.

    ReplyDelete