Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Is injury lurking around every corner? Or is injury entirely avoidable?

When I was playing yesterday, I was so excited to be skooling my barfly to blizzard combos. Having fun. Feeling good. Then all the sudden, out of no where, I find myself laying on my back, staring up at the ceiling trying to figure out what went wrong.

One moment of inattention is all it took. It happened so fast and it wasn't on tape, but I think it happened because of slippery floors (see previous blog post). I didn't have the right grip on the ground when I launched and my ankle rolled.

I believe that injury is mostly avoidable. Taking risks is a necessary part of improving your skill level, but taking calculated risks after proper amounts of training is the way to reduce the risk of injury to 'somewhat under control'.


Shred notes: 1/20/10
The pain from yesterday is mostly in the inability to crank my left ankle fully inward and some pain on the left side of the left foot. The fall more seems to have hurt my hip and lower back. Should be ok, not terribly bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment