Sunday, August 22, 2010

BarFlakes and triple-dex blurs

I came across these tricks that I have visited before, but never got on tape or even discussed them that I can remember.  The Barfly has always been a challenge for me to do solidly, and I have been working on them for literally 20 years now.  I've been doing a lot of Rakes lately, especially cross-body Rakes.  This past week, my peanut butter got into my chocolate and I brought Barfly together with Cross Body Rake and made a BarFlake.  I know this has another street name, as I know it has been done before, but because I live in a vacuum I don't know what it is called.  I didn't stop there, I have also done versions starting with Fairy, Pixie, Stepping-opp, Stepping-same and spinning.  All on this film, and with slo-mo to reveal the thinness.  All kind of thin, they look good from above.  It is especially noticeable since I had to use an up-angle when I was filming.

I also hit a Blur that has an extra Symposium Mirage before the toe pickup.  Also in slo-mo.  It was suggested that this is a stepping paratoxic (backside symposium) blur, I don't know what to call it, which is why I put it online for peer review.

BarFlakes & Paratoxic Blur?       



Shred notes: 1st two weeks of August...
Played through my injury from last week of July, it is no longer effecting me at all, thank goodness.  I've been obsessed with these new tricks.  Been lucky with weather!  Totally lucky, like cloudy-icky mornings turning to sun literally as I arrive at the Mammoth Springs Training Center.  Mosquitos everywhere near the river, but not on the asphalt playing surface that I utilize.  I'm going to Funtastik and I have been getting some NICE run-thru's of my routine!  I'm gonna be ready again this year and I look forward to a great event!

No comments:

Post a Comment