Thursday, September 11, 2014

Inspired by a woman nearly twice my age whom I have never met...

One of my clients was telling me this story about a woman who he would see playing tennis every day. When he finally asked her why she plays tennis so much, she said "I play every day because I'm 86 and if I don't play today, I'm not sure Ill be able to play tomorrow."

She has it right!  We all need to embrace the mobility we have, and not take it for granted. Someday it might not be there.  

"Use it or Lose it!"   This has been a theme of the videos I publish and a core part of my message to others. I could let myself go and play a couple of times a week... but if I do, I'll spend two days catching up for every day I take off.  So I choose to play every day, and to allow NO EXCUSES to get out of it.  

Everyone needs 30 minutes of vigorous exercise daily, but for athletes and especially Footbag freestylers, muscle memory has a short term memory loss problem.  If I take a day off I'm afraid I'll lose my edge. That's why I play everyday.  Join me!

I love to hear these stories about other people who are also exercising every day... it keeps me motivated.

Here is what the Mayo Clinic says about exercising every day...
http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/fitness/in-depth/exercise/art-20048389

Today is 2822 days in a row shredding for me.  And I know I'm not the only one!

Practice update: Today I hit some unique seamless tricks, like Fairy (phobic) Gyro Miraging Seamless Juggle and Legbeater Seamless Juggle.  Also Spinning Symposium Butterfly seamless Juggle both sides too.  BSOS.  Still getting better every day.  Thanks for all your support!

Here is what the Mayo Clinic says about exercising every day...
http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/fitness/in-depth/exercise/art-20048389


No comments:

Post a Comment