Wednesday, August 22, 2012

1 Minute "Sample Platter" Performance (Call for Music)


I need your help!  I need a 1 minute original piece of music that I can develop a performance that I will post on youtube and not get flagged by them for illegal use of tunes.  I want to post this performance frequently to YouTube and get feedback on its development.  It will be, in some sense, a crowd-sourced performance.  The piece will ideally be approximately 110 beats per minute an have a stop or two in it, and no lyrics.  I can extract a portion of a longer song if I can get your permission to use it.  I promise to ALWAYS give you credit for the music in every posting of the video that I make.

When I was competing regularly, I would have bursts of 1-3 months of creating performances for tournaments.  Since I have been unable to travel to tournaments for over a year now, I am bored.  Playing everyday, now at 2072 days in a row, without a clear goal is more difficult than when I have something I am working on.  Lately, I have been warming up, then just flowing through the jam without direction.  I want direction.  

I am going to make a series of 1-minute performances, starting with the "Sample Platter." These will be designed around the tricks that I do best, organized in a way that it is pleasing for the viewer, set to original music, and the "Sample Platter" will be a 1-minute performance I can use for the rest of my life! 

I'm hoping to get 5 or 6 tracks into a playlist and then jamming to those songs for a week until one of them jives with me.  Then I'll design a performance based on that song and post its first iteration to my YouTube channel.

I have so many friends that are musicians, I thought I'd see if any of you could donate a track or two for my use, and maybe one of the videos will be seen by many, and we can both get some great exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment