Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Training daily pays off daily!

I learn little things about my game just about every day.  You might think that doing something every day might get boring, but it never does because I am always achieving little goals, stumbling upon new (new to me, and sometimes actually new) tricks and generally keeping me interested.  Playing freestyle footbag everyday gives me a clear baseline on the condition of my body, and allows me to push 'initiatives' like increasing the amount of frontside tricks that I perform.

During the week of Xmas I found my daily shreds of footbag freestyle to be a great diversion from the hectic pace at my place of work.  Peace of mind.  Really.  I also developed a little showcase trick into a legitimate set... Fairy X-body sole (same) is now being worked into being a set from just about any toe, and it flows like an osis but looks crazzzzzzy!  I have been skooling the hell out of X-Body Rake moves, and after watching Evan Gatesman, I realized that indeed Rakes don't 'need' to end in a scooping toe dex, they can end more directly underneath the balance center, and do dex tricks out of them.  Thanks Evan for that insight.  I suppose I 'knew' that already, but seeing someone do it effectively and mid-string even... very nice.  Now I can do it too.

See ya!
-enlightener

No comments:

Post a Comment