Monday, May 3, 2010

Fun with advanced concepts...

I was shredding footbag freestyle in my living room today, after playing at Great America yesterday, and I got to thinking about concepts.  A concept is an added level of difficulty or specific motion that can be added to many existing tricks to make them different.  Among the many concepts that are well established are Symposium and Paradox.  I have been working on the Rooted concept for the past week or so, misunderstanding it and calling it Solo most of the time (I'm publishing a video that focuses on Rooted concept with tons of new tricks).  The concept that got me obsessed today was Ducking/Diving.

With most concepts, it is just a matter of time before we get comfortable with them and incorporate them into our daily shreds.  In many cases, concepts can be applied to so many different tricks, that it increases variety potential almost exponentially!

(Shred Notes: 5/3/10) I have hit many, many, many different ducking/diving tricks and today I thought of another one or two.  Probably done by others, but worth mentioning.  I hit Diving Barfly (harder than it sounds) and Diving Down Double Down.  I almost hit Paradox Diving Dyno, so close.

2 comments:

  1. Scott, very cool. I love hangtime concepts. I hate to be the nomenclature police but some corrections:
    -Diving Barly: I think you mean Zulu Barfly (diving opp double-down?)
    -Paradox Diving Dyno: I think you mean Zulu Dyno (diving opp dyno). Blender gets paradox, dyno does not.

    Fun drill I've been working on lately: Weaving Clip > Zulu Clip > RPT. That is, ducking ss clip > diving op clip > RPT. Give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dyno should though. It really should. Really I don't care about adds, they are misleading. The big question is, 'is Dyno different from somewhat-paradox Dyno in the sense, is it a unique trick?' I'll try your drill tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete